3,464 TOTAL SQFT
2,298 SQFT ABOVE GRADE
Palmerston on the Park!
Steady your hearts Toronto! This Seaton Village dream is a wide detached, has fabled four car parking and an interior that envelops you in charm, grace and style. Watch the kids play in the park across the street from your cozy living room perch next to the wood burning fireplace or from the front porch, during warmer days, with a cool beverage in your hand. Corner lot means a light filled open concept main floor, one that checks every box on your list: beautiful leaded glass windows (all along the North and East walls), archways, built-in shelving, a powder room, a family room and an open eat-in kitchen with pro-level appliances (Wolf, Liebherr, Jenn-Air, Miele). Upstairs has three bedrooms and a perfect, family sized, spa bathroom. A finished basement with heated floors throughout, unbeatable rec room with loads of built-ins, an office, cedar closet, another bedroom, yoga/meditation room and a beautiful three piece bathroom. Did we mention the charming apartment about the garage? It’s got one of those.
Things to Love | Sellers’ Words
- The home has a northeast exposure and large windows that allows light in all day.
- One of the things we like most about our home is its convenience. It’s easy to pull a bike out of the garage or pull into our two-car driveway.
- During the warmer months we love sitting on the big front porch and looking out through trees to see the city skyline in the distance as the sun comes up.
- We feel the front porch is one of our home’s best features and have created a very comfortable space that doubles as a reading nook during the day and living room for hosting friends and countless glasses of wine well into the night (and sometimes the following morning!).
- The garden is full of mature gigantic grasses and more recently we planted trees that provide enough cover and privacy that people passing by don’t even know you’re there!
- Over the last few years we have been planting more trees that are now maturing and provide both shade for the home and privacy.
- We met more than 20 years ago while working at a garden centre during our summers in university. One of us was in landscape construction and the other looked over the plants and flowers. We have invested heavily in the garden which is fully irrigated.
- The main floor open floor plan and fully renovated basement with living area provide two great spaces for adults and kids to mingle.
- In the winter and cooler seasons the fireplace creates a warm environment and in the summer months we congregate on the front porch and enjoy the outdoors.
- The basement, equipped with radiant floor heating, provides a cozy lair for movie watching.
When our kids were younger we would sit on the front porch drinking coffee or wine (depending on the hour) while they roamed freely in the fenced in playground directly across the street with the other neighbourhood kids (of which there are many).
ROOM descriptions |
Front Porch | Large front porch with great views of Vermont Square Park and the neighbourhood. There’s also a private back patio which is lovely in the warmer months.
Living Room | Open concept with stunning archways, leaded glass windows, wood burning fireplace and marvelously high ceilings.
Dining Room | Open concept with rich hardwood flooring, leaded glass windows, pot lights and easy access to the kitchen – ideal for entertaining.
Kitchen | Modern and sleek kitchen with professional level stainless steel appliances including a Miele dishwasher, Wolf range with Sirius hood, Jenn-Air convection and a Liebherr fridge with double freezer drawers. Other bonuses include hidden pantry, double sinks and Terra Bianca Quartzite counter tops.
Family Room | Large window, high ceilings, potted lights and beautiful hardwood floors accent this sweet and lovely room.
Powder Room | Main floor powder room upgraded with modern fixtures.
Master Bedroom | Master bedroom is a lovely and bright room with a bay window, large built-in closet and hardwood floors.
Second Bedroom | Spacious with hardwood floors, several windows and a closet.
Third Bedroom | Spacious with hardwood floors, several windows and a closet.
Bathroom | Jaw dropping, five piece, spa-like bath with glass shower, soaker tub and heated towel rack.
Recreational Room | The rec room of your dreams! Custom built-ins, high ceilings, heated floors and so much space for activities.
Bedroom | Bright downstairs bedroom also with heated floors and additional alcove (walk-in closet anyone?)
Bathroom | Three piece bathroom with glass shower and Tierra y Fuego Mexican tiles, heated floors and modern finishes.
Other | Two additional rooms in the basement including a large office space, cedar closet and cold storage/wine room.
ADDITIONAL information |
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $6,790.15 /2017
Parking | 2 car garage and 2 car private drive
Size | 2,757 Square Feet Above Grade, 3,844 Total Square Feet
- Irrigation system (3 years ago)
- Automatic cedar garage doors (4 years ago)
- Landscaping (ongoing)
- Air conditioning (4 years ago)
- Roof, soffit and fascia (5 years ago)
- Main floor kitchen and powder room (2 years ago) renovated. Includes top-end stainless steel appliances:
- Wolf six burner gas stove
- Jenn-Air steam oven
- Miele dishwasher
- Liebherr fridge and freezer
- Quartz counter-tops from northern Ontario
- LED pot lighting on main floor and basement
- Natural gas BBQ line
- New hardwood floors upstairs (this year)
- Upstairs fully renovated with new windows (4 years ago)
- Renovated upstairs bathroom (8 years ago)
- Fully renovated basement with radiant floor heating with guest bedroom, office, wine cellar, storage and bathroom -This also included replacing the homes drainage system and full waterproofing.
- Built-in cedar seating on front porch (1 year ago)
About the Neighbourhood
Close to the University of Toronto, Queen’s Park Circle, Casa Loma and Wychwood Barns, Seaton Village is a quiet, residential, family friendly neighbourhood that surrounds Vermont Square Park. It boasts proximity to great amenities such as multiple grocery stores (Fiesta Farms, 24 hr Sobey’s and a sprawling Loblaws), multiple TTC options, two community centres, and great dining (Fat Pasha and Schmaltz Appetizing). Bordered by Christie Pitts Park and Bloor Street West you have endless options on how to spend weekends and sunny holidays in the area. Fantastic and independently owned stores dot the area including some of the city’s top interior designers.